I am going to become housemates with my best friend in Guelph. We've considered this before, and her most recent housemate suddenly evaporated, so now's the time.
I've really enjoyed my apartment and living alone.
- complete control; things are always exactly as I left them; no mess, no unexpected surprises; everything is to my preference
- privacy; I can do whatever I want and it doesn't matter to anyone
- guests; I can have whoever I like over!
- cleanliness; this also fits under complete control, but cleanliness is to my own standard, or if it isn't, I'm the one responsible
- kitchen; I know what's in my fridge, I know what needs cleaning; I know what doesn't; my counter is as free as I want it; it's all vegan
- quiet; I can focus and have no disturbances, besides the neighbours through the walls, which is minor
- washroom; it's ready for me whenever I need it, and isn't cluttered by weird stuff
- decor; also fits under complete control; I have my posters, and stars, and birds, and maps up
- high ceilings, making it possible to practise jodo and kendo and iaido at home
- close to downtown and right next to the Farmers' Market
- spacious living quarters
- buses right next door!
- it can be lonely; having S around the past couple of months has been nice, and before then my best friend came by a lot, but that's not really feasible or reliable. Loneliness isn't actually a big deal for me any more, but it will be nice having other humans around
- cats!; I'm not prepared to own one myself yet, but she has two! And the bird and fish that I've pet sat for the past while
- money!; while living alone has been great, it's been expensive. I could have saved several thousands of dollars over the past 16 months if I had moved in with housemates; let the saving begin now.
- Internet!; I cleverly use my WIND data plan for my home Internet, but with that I only have 10GB/month at full speed. That's actually enough if I'm being conservative, but I don't always want to be conservative; I want to watch Netflix ad nauseam
- better prospect; my current window looks out at a grey building; the new apartment looks out at a nice lawn an residential houses
- closer to campus! There are bus stops right outside for each direction, like my current place, but it's 10 minutes closer to campus than my current abode
- her! She's an awesome friend
|The bed, canopy, stars, and birds|
|The window, my plants, and dresser|
|The television and game cupboard, desk, dresser|
|My friend's piano, comic strips, etc.|
|The broken futon|
|My (text)book collection, and jars of strange things (coins)|
|The hallway! with bike, and sword corner, and maps|
|Kichen and stuff|